Tutorspoint is a best essay writing service which understands students requirements and help them with all types of assignments including Comparison of Plant And Animal Cell Homework Help, assignment help and writing help.
From the previous section, we have learnt that cell contains cytoplasm and nucleus. Collectively, the entire content present within a cell is defined as protoplasm. Protoplasm is dense and thick in nature, holding the nucleus and cytoplasm present within the cell. It is the living substance of the cell.
Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell:
Prokaryotic cell: Cells which lack nuclear membrane outside the nucleus are called as prokaryotic cells and are found in most of the micro-organisms like bacteria and blue-green algae. These organisms are otherwise called as prokaryotes (Pro – first or primitive, karyon – nucleus).
Eukaryotic cell:Cells which have an organized nucleus with a nuclear membrane are called as eukaryotic cells. These cells are found in most of the higher livings organisms like plants and animals and hence are otherwise called as eukaryotes (eu – true, karyon – nucleus)
Comparison of Plant And Animal Cell Homework Help
Plant cell and Animal cell:
· Both plant and animal cell consists of outer cell membrane.
· Cell wall is present in plant cell while absent in animal cells. Instead of cell wall, plasma membrane is present in animal cells.
· A well-organized nucleus is present in both plant and animal cell
· Both cell types have sac-like structures called vacuoles containing cell sap. Plant cells have large vacuoles occupying 80% of the space within a cell, while in animal cells, vacuoles are either tiny or absent.
· Plant cells contain small colored specialized bodies called plastids. Some plastids which are green in color are due to presence of chlorophyll pigment contained within it. Such plastids are known as chloroplasts. Animal cells lack the presence of plastids.